Thursday, January 16, 2014

Welcome!

If you think you know someone who is awesome, or even think YOU are awesome, I guarantee this person and you are not nearly as awesome as Phil Collins.

I am sure many that read this will disagree with me, and even go as far as to describe Phil Collins with words like “sell out” or “cheesy” or “lame” or “uncool.” These are not the words that should be used in association with anything Phil Collins has ever done, but unfortunately this unfounded perception of him has been perpetuated by many in the music industry --- everyone from music critics/journalists with small penises, to musicians who will never come close to contributing as much music innovation and making as much music history as Phil Collins. And who are also are very likely to have small penises.  

This total mis-conception of Phil Collins has pervaded so deep into society’s musical consciousness and has burned my ass so much that I feel compelled, nay, obligated to speak against the tide of negativity that overshadows his accomplishments and amazeballness.

But I cannot do this in one post, for my fingers will fall off and I will eventually wet my pants. Therefore, I will dedicate at least one post a week UNTIL I DIE to highlighting the awesome power and glory that is Phil Collins. My desire with each post will not only be to make you reconsider your opinion about Phil Collins and hopefully perceive him in a more favorable light, but to also make you realize just how insignificant your contribution to society is and want to punch every single non-Phil Collins related CD in your collection for being totally inadequate.

If you are like me and appreciate what a beast Phil Collins is, tell me what you think the most awesome thing about him or what he’s done at phil.collins.equals.awesome@gmail.com and I will add it to a future post! I can’t be the only out there who would actually travel to heaven to hear him perform “Something Happened on the Way to Heaven,” right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment